High School Equivalency

WGU recognizes several equivalents to a high school diploma:

  • A GED
  • A certificate demonstrating that a student passed a state-authorized examination recognized as the equivalent of a high school diploma (e.g., HiSET or TASC).
  • An academic transcript of a student who has successfully completed at least a two-year program acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree.
  • A diploma from a foreign school equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma.

Article Number: 20406, 2524


Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎05-20-2019 10:54 AM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Tags (1)