A transcript evaluation is completed once official transcripts from all previously attended institutions have been received by WGU.
Note: Transcripts must be sent to WGU directly from the issuing institution to be considered official. WGU does not perform unofficial evaluations or accept unofficial transcripts. The guidelines below will provide a good indication of expected transfer credit. Official transcript evaluations will occur in the month prior to your start. Transcripts are processed in the order they are received. Contact your Enrollment Counselor if it has been more than 15 business days since WGU received your transcripts and you do not have confirmation of an evaluation. Transfer credit will not be awarded for transcripts received after your first term start date. Transfer credit awarded for the Business, Information Technology or Health Professions College programs may not apply if a program change is made to the WGU Teacher’s College.
• Must be college level from an institution that is recognized as Nationally or Regionally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of USDE recognized National and Regional accrediting agencies, Click Here.
• Must have been awarded a grade of C- or better.
• May not be used to fulfill more than one course of study.
• Must meet the competency unit and content equivalency requirements.
• Where transfer credit does not apply, courses may receive a Requirement Satisfied (RS).
• Courses that receive a Requirement Satisfied can be fulfilled by an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, Bachelor of Arts, or Bachelor of Science from a Regionally or Nationally accredited institution. (Accrediting agency recognized by The U.S. Department of Education
• In certain cases, the degree must be in a specific field of study.
• Requirement Satisfied by degree does not apply to all courses or programs at WGU. A change in majors at WGU may result in the removal of credit.
To be considered for enrollment into the Bachelor of Science Health Information Management program, you must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent. You must also be able to demonstrate IT, healthcare, or business experience either through one of the following:
• An associate degree from a CAHIIM accredited health information technology program.
• An associate degree in information technology or equivalent (A.S. or A.A.S. acceptable).
• An associate degree from an allied health program (A.S or A.A.S. acceptable).
• An associate degree in Business Administration (A.S or A.A.S. acceptable).
• Transferable certifications earned within the last five years.
• A résumé showing three years of information technology work experience or strategic business management experience or one year of healthcare-related work experience or a healthcare-related certification (e.g. Medical Assistant, EMT, Paramedic).
Refer to your specific program transfer guidelines to determine which assessments can be satisfied by an Associate or Bachelor's degree: