Can I transfer previously earned college credits to WGU?

Yes. If you have completed college-level coursework at another institution, you may be eligible for transfer credit for some lower division courses of study.


Courses accepted by transfer must meet the following requirements:


  • Must be college-level from an accredited institution (regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education).
  • Must have been awarded a grade of C- or better:
    • Pre-licensure, Nursing Science, and Teachers programs must have a grade of C or better.
    • PB/MAT Teachers College programs for Texas students must present coursework graded C+ or better.
  • May not be used to fulfill more than one course of study.
  • Must meet the competency unit (semester credit) and content requirements.
  • May not be used to fulfill upper-division requirements, except in certain cases to meet the maximum number of transfer units available specific to the program.
  • See Transfer Credit Evaluation for transfer credit information for specific programs.




Article Number: 19301

Version history
Revision #:
10 of 10
Last update:
‎03-21-2018 07:26 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
100% helpful (1/1)