Taskstream has a 500 MB individual file size limit when using the “Videos” upload button. WGU requires that videos directly uploaded into Taskstream be formatted as .mp4 (preferred), .wmv, or other common non-proprietary video formats. Videos made with Windows Movie Maker saved in the .wmlv format will have to be converted to a common video format prior to submission through Taskstream or your course. For directions on how to convert a .wmlv, click here.
To reduce the file size of your video and to save it as a .mp4 (preferred) or .wmv file, you can download a free program such as Handbrake. A file-compressing program will take your original video file and compress it into a smaller file type and convert it .
To use Handbrake do the following:
1. Download Handbrake. It is available for PC and Mac and can be found at www.handbrake.fr.
2. Install and run Handbrake.
3. Click the "Source" button in the top-left, select "Open File," locate the source video file, and click "Open."
4. Click "Browse" to the right of "File" under "Destination." Type the desired name of the new, compressed file, choose where to save it, and click "Save."
5. Click "Add To Queue" at the top.
6. Click "Start" at the top. The video will now encode. You can see the encoding progress in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Once you have completed your video in Windows Movie Maker, do the following:
1. Click the “File” button and then click “Save movie.”
2. Choose to save the movie “For computer.”
3. Within the “Save Movie” window
4. Click "Save."
Once the save is complete, Movie Maker will display the following notification:
5. Your video is now converted from a .wlmv file to a .wmv file for submission through Taskstream or your course.
Article Number: 60994
Tags: YJT1 C132 Elements of Effective Communication