How do I obtain a student success kit and webcam?
All new students, continuing graduates and readmitted students are sent a WGU Student Success kit. Included in this kit are a WGU-issued webcam for taking on-line proctored exams, a dry-erase whiteboard and marker, small WGU-branded motivational items, information on how to set up your new web camera and information on the services provided by WellConnect.
Student Success kits are mailed to students around the first day of the first month of the student's first term. These are mailed to the mailing address we have on file for the student. If you recently moved and did not update your address information before the first day of the first month of your first term, please contact Assessment Services to confirm where the success kit was mailed and, if needs be, to arrange for another kit to be sent to your new address.
If you have lost or damaged your WGU-issued web camera, or if you would like to purchase additional webcams, success kits (without the webcam included) or dry-erase whiteboards with dry-erase marker included, you can do so by following the steps outlined below. Please be sure to update your mailing address before placing your order.
1. Go to Student Portal (my.wgu.edu)
2. Click on your name and open Student Info link
3. Verify your address is correct
4. Click on Student Support to open Student Services page
5. Scroll down to and click on Student Success Kit (another window will open)
6. Down the left column, find myITEMS TO PURCHASE
7. Click View All
8. Select Student Success Kit (does not come with a webcam)
9. Click Add to Payment Cart
10. Select Add More Items (if needed)
11. Select Checkout
12. Proceed to complete financial information to complete order