Students enrolled in select assessments have the opportunity to record with, or upload into, the Panopto video platform to fulfill a video task requirement. Students can be assured that their videos are secure and automatically set to private within WGU's Panopto hosted web site.
Note: The only exception to video privacy is the HJP1/C856 User Design Experience course, since student video critiques are intended to be shared among classmates for prototype feedback.
Every video (either recorded with the Panopto recorder, or uploaded into Panopto) is assigned a unique viewer link. To include your video in a task submission, you must submit your video’s viewer link.
1. Open your WGU student email inbox. One way to access your student email is by signing in to the student portal and clicking the mail icon at the top right corner.
2. Locate and open the email with subject line: [Panopto] Ready to view. Click here if you did not receive a "ready to view" email in your student email inbox.
3. Click on link listed beneath "You can view the session using the following link". Note: Disregard the "Share" and "Output" links, as student videos cannot be shared via share settings.
4. When the video loads, confirm it is your desired recording. If so, copy the entire Panopto link available in the web address bar.
5. Access the assessment from your course of study and open the applicable task.
6. Locate the “Links" option, or the "Panopto URL form". Either option will work to submit the link.
7. Paste your link in the appropriate URL (link) field. If applicable, select "Add Link" then "Save and Return".
8. Continue with the process for submitting work including, but not limited to; attaching other documents required by the task, and running the originality check.
Alternate Instructions: If you did not receive an automated “Ready to view” email in your WGU inbox, you can use the Panopto web site to locate your video and obtain its viewing link. Follow the steps below:
3. The search will populate a list of videos created under your username. Locate your desired video, then hover your mouse over its blue colored title (indicates video is ready for viewing).
4. Click the Settings option.
5. The pop-up page will include a Viewer link field. Right click into the viewer link field, then select Copy.
6. Access the assessment from your course of study and open the applicable task.
7. Locate the “Links" option, or the "Panopto URL form". Either option will work to submit the link.
8. Paste your link in the appropriate URL (link) field. If applicable, select "Add Link" then "Save and Return".
9. Continue with the process for submitting work including, but not limited to; attaching other documents required by the task, and running the originality check.
For assistance with Panopto questions or concerns, please contact the Evaluation department’s E-Care Support team at email@example.com.
Article Number: 60723
panapto,pampto,ponopto, panoply, panopticon, panto, panopoto, panpoto