How do I access my student email from my iPhone or Android device?
You may setup your WGU student email on both iOS and Android devices by either of the two methods below:
Option # 1
1. Select the mail option on your phone and then select the "Gmail".
* For Android there is a specific G-mail application.
2. Enter the following credentials:
Password: Same as portal password
3. Click continue, your phone should automatically resolve all the proper settings and start syncing your e-mail. If for some reason this option is not working, please move to "Option #2".
Before setting up e-mail, IMAP must be enabled on your Gmail account.
To enable IMAP in Gmail:
1. Sign in to your MyWGU Student G-mail on your computer.
2. Click "Settings" at the top of any G-mail page.
3. Click "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.
4. Select "Enable IMAP".
5. Click the "Save Changes" button on the bottom of the page.
6. Go to Google Apps and click 'My Account'
7. Click 'Connected Apps & Sites' under 'Sign-in & Security'
8. Enable (turn ON) the 'Allow less secure apps' setting.
9. You will now setup your email as an IMAP account on your device and the following information is needed:
**(If there is not an option for all the information given, please just ignore it)**
* Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.
** If you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587.