The Office of Student Accessibility Services would like to share additional resources and recommendations that may be useful to you during your academic program.
1. Work directly with your course instructors for support on all assessments and to understand required course materials; engage all Learning Resources. Request a study plan from the course instructor to promote subject focus.
2. Use a dry-erase whiteboard when taking objective assessments, via Online Proctoring. Students will be asked to clear the whiteboard before and after each testing session.
3. Utilize coaching reports after taking pre-assessments and objective assessments to understand areas needing improvement. Obtain a personalized study plan utilizing the coaching report from the course instructor.
4. Contact the WGU Writing Center at any stage of the composing process to get help with:
Visit the WGU Writing Center for more specifics. The Writing Center can be found in the student portal on the Student Success tab.
5. Utilize the services of our Career and Professional Development Center to benefit from the community and professional networks, as well as the tools, resources and training to assist graduating students and alumni in successfully conducting a job search and researching career goals. Find assistance with resume building, practice interviews, access to national job and internship postings, and so much more.
6. After graduation, stay connected with WGU through Alumni Relations. Enjoy discounts and perks through BenefitHub. Explore continuing-ed resources like Lynda.com, SimpleK12, Pluralsight, and other industry resources. Connect and network with other alumni, attend events and more. Learn more at alumni.wgu.edu.
7. Explore Student Success services and get help with a variety of topics including time management, test anxiety, computer skills, goal setting and much more. Please visit the Student Success Center for more information and to schedule an appointment.
8. Virtual Magnifying Glass 3.7: A free, open source, cross-platform screen magnifier tool. It’s simple and customizable.
9. Use speech recognition software:
10. Utilize audio book services:
11. Utilize software that reads text:
12. Utilize WellConnect services to receive free and confidential counseling. The following services are available to WGU students as well as members of their immediate families and their households:
We encourage you to contact WellConnect at 1-877-685-3269, if any of these options would be helpful to you and/or your family.
DISCLAIMER: The recommended software(s) and book services listed above are for student reference only. WGU does not endorse any product, service, or website for software purchases or comparison. WGU is not responsible for the content of these web sites nor can WGU assist students with customer service issues or complaints involved, if they choose to use these sites.
Article Number: 55779