Who do I contact about a transfer evaluation question?

If you have questions regarding your transfer evaluation, first contact your enrollment counselor, as they are very knowledgeable and can often explain why you might not have received transfer credit in a particular area.


If you still feel credit was not correctly awarded, you may officially appeal your evaluation of transfer credit. To initiate an appeal, download the “Transcript Evaluation Appeal Form” (available in the attachments section below) and follow the instructions on the form. Submit the completed form, along with any supporting documentation, to the Transcript Evaluation office within fifteen (15) business-days of your receipt of transcript evaluation results from the Transcript Evaluation office. You will be notified in writing of the outcome of your appeal within five business-days of the submission of your appeal.


  1. We require official transcripts from each individual issuing institution and do not accept transfer credit awarded and listed by another institution.
  2. No transfer credit will be accepted or awarded once a student begins studies at WGU.

Courses accepted by transfer must meet the following requirements:


  • Must be college-level from an accredited institution (regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education).
  • Must have been awarded a grade of C- or better:
    • Pre-licensure, Nursing Science, and Teachers programs must have a grade of C or better.
    • PB/MAT Teachers College programs for Texas students must present coursework graded C+ or better.
  • May not be used to fulfill more than one course of study.
  • Must meet the competency unit (semester credit) and content requirements.
  • May not be used to fulfill upper-division requirements, except in certain cases to meet the maximum number of transfer units available specific to the program.


Article Number: 19273, 1204

Version history
Revision #:
9 of 9
Last update:
‎03-21-2018 07:57 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
No ratings