Exams for Teachers

I’m in the Teacher’s College.  I have to pass some exams (Basic Skills, Praxis, PAPA, CASA, WEST-B, NES. …) to graduate. When should I take them?


Begin preparing as soon as you have completed all the math content courses required (usually MEE3).  You will need to pass the basic skills exam before starting PCE (Observations) and complete the content exam before Demonstration Teaching. 


When you have completed that 3rd MEE course you have the best chance to do a little review and then complete your exams. If you delay, those math skills that were fresh in your mind will fade. It will require more work to prepare later.


What exam do I need to take?

Your best resource is to check with your program mentor and the state you are getting licensed in. WGU has requirements and every state has their own individual requirements.

Teacher Licensure Home Page

Field Experience Information


Version history
Revision #:
9 of 9
Last update:
‎12-07-2017 07:14 PM
Updated by:
Labels (2)
67% helpful (2/3)