1. Students must meet progression requirements to remain with their original cohort.
2. Clinical courses are sequential. Progression to clinical intensive is dependent upon successful completion of all aspects of the previous course, in addition to the lab assessment for the current course of study. Courses without a lab assessment will have specific course requirements that students must complete in order to attend their learning lab.
3. Failure to successfully complete any component (didactic, lab and clinical) in a clinical course of study results in a halt in course progression; the student is automatically placed on modified progression.
4. Modified progression results in an individualized remediation plan developed by the student mentor, course mentor and state Director of Nursing in collaboration with the student.
5. Modified progression ends when either the student passes the course objective assessment, or if cohort realignment is required, space becomes available in a future cohort and the student is eligible to join.
Note: Student out-of-pocket supply costs may be associated with attending learning labs.
6. Modified progression is limited based on the reason for occurrence:
7. Academic dismissal from the nursing program, with no opportunity to reapply results when modified progression opportunities have been exhausted.
Article Number: 20514, 2482