In preparation for the role of a professional registered nurse, students must have equipment and supplies needed for learning and practice. Students are responsible to obtain and maintain all required equipment and supplies for the prelicensure nursing program.
1. Each course of study provides a list of required learning resources. Students must obtain these resources no later than the end of the first week of each course.
2. Students must obtain WGU-specific nursing kits containing disposable supplies for clinical learning labs and clinical intensives. Ordering information is provided during the first term.
3. Students must obtain a “smart” device (iPod Touch or, iPhone, iPad, or other smart phone/tablet) to download and access Nursing Central software for use in courses of study, clinical learning labs, and clinical intensives. Students must be familiar with using the software no later than the initial clinical learning lab in CASAL I.
When a “smart” device is used for the Nursing Central software in clinical learning labs or clinical intensives, it must be kept on "airplane mode.”
4. Students must obtain the WGU approved student uniform to wear during clinical learning labs and clinical intensives. Ordering information is provided during their first term.
5. Students are responsible for the costs of equipment and supplies.
6. Failure to have the appropriate equipment or supplies for clinical learning labs or clinical intensives may result in student dismissal from the clinical intensive and/or further disciplinary action for lack of accountability and responsibility.