Arizona Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
In Arizona, completion of a WGU Educational Leadership program leads to Principal, Grades Pk-12 Certificate.
Arizona has the following requirements for applicants for the Principal, Grades Pk-12 Certificate:
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a Master's or higher degree from an accredited university.
2. PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Completion of a school principal administration program, including a practicum and at least 30 graduate semester hours of educational administration courses that meet the AZ Professional Administrative Standards, including 3 units of coursework in school law and 3 units of coursework in school finance.
3. BACKGROUND CLEARANCE: A current Arizona fingerprint clearance card.
4. EXPERIENCE: Three years of verified full-time pk-12 teaching experience.
5. EXAM REQUIREMENTS:
Pass the following two exams:
1) Arizona required exam: AEPA 181, and 281: Principal Subtests I and II
If passed prior to 2/2/2014, AEPA Principal 81: Subtest I and Subtest II.
This exam is required for graduation and to be recommended for certification.
2. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Arizona. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
6. PRACTICUM REQUIREMENT: WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
Visit these links for important information:
Article Number: 19364, 1824