LICENSES AVAILABLE THROUGH WGU
Level 1 Education Specialist Instruction: Mild/Moderate K-12
Preliminary Single Subject English
California has the following general requirements for all applicants for preliminary teaching credentials who have completed an out-of-state program:
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENT: Graduation from a Bachelor's degree or more advanced degree program at a regionally accredited institution.
2. PROGRAM REQUIREMENT: Completion of a state-approved teacher preparation program and hold an out-of-state teaching credential.
3. BACKGROUND CLEARANCE: Completion of the required background check resulting in receipt of a Certificate of Clearance from the CCTC.
4. BASIC SKILLS REQUIREMENT: Meet the CA basic skills requirement.
5. CONTENT EXAM REQUIREMENT: Verify subject matter competence by passing the relevant Praxis exams.
6. SPECIAL EDUCATION CREDENTIAL REQUIREMENT: BASP, BASPMM, BASPEE, and MSSP students intending to credential in California must first license in Utah and then apply via reciprocity for their California credential(s).
7. MAT ENGLISH CREDENTIAL REQUIREMENT: MAT English students intending to credential in California must first license in Utah and then apply via reciprocity for their California credential(s).
8. edTPA REQUIREMENT (Teaching Performance Assessments):
Beginning with the Fall 2017 demonstration teaching cohort, all California students will complete the edTPA assessment as part of their demonstration teaching. For more information on edTPA requirements, click here.