Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
LICENSURE AND EXAM REQUIREMENTS
Educational Leadership Certification Available: Administrator
For more information on Administrator requirements in the CNMI, please refer to the Certification Flowchart.
1. TEACHER CERTIFICATION: A CNMI Basic I Teaching Certificate
2. DEGREE: Master or Doctorate Degree either in Education or Specialized field area.
3) EXAM REQUIREMENT: Praxis 5411, Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision
Note: This exam will also meet the WGU Program Requirement until 8/31/2019, when the Praxis 5411 will retire. As of 8/31/2018, CNMI has not named a replacement exam. You must pass this exam to graduate from your program and be recommended for licensure.
4. RECOMMENDATIONS: Three recommendations (including performance evaluation based on cumulative performance over a contact term) from an immediate supervisor, colleague, and parent or former student describing the candidate's proficiency, skills, and competency.
5. MEMBERSHIP: Proof of current membership of professional education association and specialized endorsement.
6. SEMINARS: 120 hours of seminars, workshops, or in-service training as sanctioned by the Public School System (PSS) and/or equivalent university/college courses.
7. COURSES: Complete all courses as described in the Certification Flowchart under the Professional Certificate for School Administrators section, number 8. These requirements will be met as part of your WGU program.
CNMI Educational Leadership applicants must complete a practicum of at least 400 hours. Completing these requirements also satisfies the WGU practicum in educational leadership.
Visit these links for more important information:
General Information About Licensing in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Registering for Praxis Exams
Submit your exam scores to WGU
CNMI Administrator Certification Application Information and Instructions
Article Number : 19998, 2612