In Colorado, completion of this program leads to a Principal license.
Colorado has the following requirements for applicants for initial licensure as a school principal:
1. BACHELORS DEGREE: Bachelor’s or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Completion of an approved program at a regionally accredited institution for the preparation of principals.
3. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: At least three years of full-time, successful experience as a licensed or certified professional in a public or non-public elementary or secondary school.
4. PRACTICUM: WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
5. EXAM REQUIREMENT: Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision.
Note: This exam will also meet the WGU Program Requirement if taken prior to 8/31/2019. Beginning 9/1/2019, all students must pass the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision to satisfy the WGU Program Requirement.
OR, if passed by 5/6/2017, PLACE Principal (80). Passing scores for this exam will be accepted until 5/6/22.
Visit these links for more important information:
For further details on Colorado administrator certification requirements, please see the CO Educator Licensing Act of 1991, section 2260.5-R-3.03.
Article Number: 19418, 1827