In the District of Columbia, your program leads to an Administrative Services Credential.
The District of Columbia has the requirements below for applicants for an Administrative Services Credential.
1. DEGREE AND PROGRAM: Either a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and completion of a school principal preparation program that is approved to lead to a school principal certificate in the home-state of the program, OR a Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
2. TEACHING EXPERIENCE: Successful completion of two (2) years of full-time Pk-12 school-based teaching or pupil services experience; OR two (2) years of other full-time Pk-12 school-based instructional leadership work experience
3. PRACTICUM: WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
4. CONTENT EXAM: Pass the following two exams:
1. DC Required Exam: SLS 6990: School Leaders License Assessment
Or, if taken prior to 8/31/2019, DC will accept SLS 6011: School Leaders License Assessment. DC will accept either of these tests if taken between 9/1/18 and 8/31/19
2. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in DC.
Of, If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
Visit these links for important information:
Article Number: 19473, 1829