DE Adding an Endorsement to a Teaching Certificate

Adding an Endorsement to a Delaware Teaching Certificate

The information in this article applies to students enrolled in specific WGU programs.


WGU Program

How to Add an Additional Endorsement

MA Mathematics Education (MAME)


MA Science Education (MASE)


MS Special Education (MSSP) 

Delaware Educators may add new endorsements in certain areas, including mathematics, science, and special education areas, by passing the appropriate Praxis exam.  You must first apply for the new certificate in your DEEDS account, and then register and take the appropriate Praxis exam. 

English Language Learning (ENDELL, MAELL)

The ELL endorsement requires that additional coursework beyond a Praxis exam be completed. (see the English As a Second Language requirements listed on that page). Delaware-certified educators can apply for certification in additional areas via the DEEDS online application system. Prior to starting an additional course of study, it is recommended that you apply through DEEDS for an evaluation of what coursework and/or testing you will need to complete in order to be eligible for certification in an additional area. 






Article Number: 19448, 1544