GU Teacher and Administrator Certification Application Information and Instructions

To be eligible for recommendation by the Certification Office, students completing a bachelor’s degree, a post-baccalaureate certification or a Master of Science in Special Education degree must graduate and have their degree posted to their WGU transcript. Students who are pursuing a Master Arts in Teaching degree must have marks of "passed” on their Degree Plan for all teacher preparation assessments to include any program required Praxis exams as well as all state required exams.

Guam accepts direct applications for licensure from students who completed an out-of-state, approved educator preparation program, like those offered by WGU.  Follow the steps below to prepare your application for Guam licensure.

Step 1: Request official transcripts in sealed envelopes from every college you have attended. Two copies of your final WGU transcript will be sent to you along with your diploma upon graduation. If you would like to order additional transcripts, see WGU Transcript Request. Do not request a transcript until you have received notice of graduation, so that your graduation date will appear on your transcript. MAT students may request a transcript after completing the teacher preparation portion of their MAT program. Be sure to leave your transcripts in the sealed envelopes to be included with your application packet.

Step 2: If the Guam Commission for Educator Certification is not listed as a recipient on your Praxis score report, you will need to contact ETS and request that they mail an official score report directly to GCEC.  You may do this by calling 1-800-772-9476 or by submitting the Additional Score Report Request Form to ETS via fax or mail.  

Step 3: Download the Guam Application Form and fill it out.  You will be applying for regular initial certification.

Step 4: Review the Fee Schedule for your application.  The fee for initial certification is $30.  Pay by Personal Check (if from a Guam Bank Account), Money Order or Cashier's Check.  Make your check payable to GCEC c/o UOG.  Include $5.00 if you wish your certificate to be mailed instead of picking it up.

Step 5: If you are applying for an administrator certificate, such as a principal, include documentation that you have completed five years of teaching experience.  This should be on official letter head from your school or district. 

Step 6: Send your completed application, sealed official transcripts and fee to:

Guam Commission For Educator Certification
UOG Station-SOE Bldg.
Room 105
Mangilao, Guam 96923

Step 7: After you receive initial certification, you will need to complete a three semester credit course in Guam history and culture during your first year of certification.


Article Number: 19549, 1479
Version history
Revision #:
9 of 9
Last update:
‎01-08-2019 01:24 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Tags (1)