Idaho Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
In Idaho, completion of a WGU Educational Leadership program leads to an Administrator Certificate with School Principal Endorsement
Idaho has the following requirements for applicants for an Administrator Certificate with School Principal Endorsement:
1. DEGREE: Master's Degree from an accredited university.
2. EXPERIENCE: Four years of full-time certificated experience working with students in a K-12 school setting.
3. PROGRAM: Completion of a state-approved program that includes an internship and at least (30) semester credit hours of graduate study in school administration for the preparation of school principals at an accredited college or university. This program shall include the competencies of the Idaho Foundation Standards for School Administrators.
4. RECOMMENDATION: Recommendation for certification by the administrator preparation program provider.
5. MATHEMATICAL THINKING FOR INSTRUCTION (MTI)
6. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Idaho. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
Visit these links for important information:
Article Number: 19575, 1833