Illinois Teacher Certification Application Information and Instructions
To be eligible for recommendation by the Certification Office, students in all programs must graduate and have their degree posted to their WGU transcript.
1) Utah Certification. After you have officially graduated from your program, email the WGU Licensure Department (email@example.com) and ask that your Utah license recommendation be submitted. The WGU Licensure Department will submit your recommendation to the Utah online database, and email you instructions for claiming your Utah teaching license. Be sure you have a valid USBE background check and that your exam scores have been sent to the Utah State Board of Education before requesting your recommendation. You can find more information here.
2) Begin your application for Illinois certification by going to the Illinois Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) and clicking on “Sign Up Now” on the left hand side of the screen. Follow the instructions to create your ELIS account.
3) After you have created your account and sign in, click on “Apply for a Professional Educator License” and follow the prompts.
4) After you complete the application and pay the fee, you will be instructed to have your transcripts sent directly to the ISBE. Request official transcripts in sealed envelopes from every college you have attended. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to the Illinois State Board of Education. To order transcripts from WGU, please visit the How to Order Official WGU Transcripts student handbook article. Do not request a transcript until you have received notice of graduation, so that your graduation date will appear on your transcript. Have an official transcript sent to either:
-Illinois State Board of Education
Educator Licensure Division
100 North First Street, S-306
Springfield, IL 62777-0001
5) Download the State-Approved Program and Completion of Standards Verification Form (80-02) from https://www.isbe.net/Documents/80-02-standards-verification.pdf. Fill out the top portion with your personal information including your IEIN number, and then email it to the WGU Certification Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your Utah teaching license. Email attachments should be in pdf format. We will complete the form and send it directly to the Illinois State Board of Education along with a copy of your Utah Professional Educator License.
6) The application review process can take several months. However, if you obtain employment, your district may work with ISBE to expedite your application.
Article Number : 19602, 2894