KS Adding an Endorsement to a Teaching Certificate

Kansas Adding an Endorsement to a Teaching Certificate 


The information in this article applies to students enrolled in specific WGU programs. Information on adding endorsements that are not offered by WGU is available on the Adding an Additional Area web page.


WGU Program


How to Add an Additional Endorsement


MA Mathematics Education (MAME)  

MA Science Education (MASE)

English Language Learning (MAELL)


To add mathematics, a science area, or an English as a Second Language endorsement to your existing Kansas license, pass the appropriate Praxis content exam for the new area. For more information on adding an area via testing alone, see this page on the Kansas Department of Education webpageAfter passing the required exams, application for the new certification area can be made directly through the Public Authenticated Applications website.

The requirement to add an endorsement by testing only applies to you whether you are adding a license at the same grade level as your existing license (Secondary > Secondary) or at a new grade level as your existing license (Elementary > Secondary).

MS Special Education (MSSP)


Special Education cannot be added by testing alone, and WGU endorsement programs (such as the MS Special Education) are not approved to lead to certification in Kansas. Therefore, you should not enroll in the MS Special Education program in Kansas.




Article Number : 19636, 2585

Version history
Revision #:
7 of 7
Last update:
‎12-10-2018 04:04 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)