Kansas Early Childhood Education Certification and Exam Requirements
WGU students who want to become certified in Kansas need to first license in Utah after completing their teacher preparation program; a student can then apply for a reciprocal license in KS after receiving their Utah license. Refer to the following for specific state requirements: general Utah teacher certification requirements and general Kansas teacher certification requirements.
In Kansas, this program leads to a licensure in Early Childhood Unified, Birth-Kindergarten.
1) Content Exam Utah: Praxis 5001, Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects
You must pass this exam to graduate from your program and be recommended for licensure. This exam also satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
(OR Praxis 5022, Early Childhood: Content Knowledge, if passed before 9/1/2015.
2) Content Exam Kansas: Praxis 5024, Education of Young Children
You must pass this exam to graduate from your program and be recommended for licensure.
(Or, if passed prior to 9/1/2014, Praxis 5021, Education of Young Children)
3) Pedagogy Exam : Praxis 5621, Principles of Learning and Teaching: Early Childhood
You must pass this exam to be recommended for Kansas Certification
(OR Praxis 5521 if passed before 9/1/2011)
WGU ECE Program Requirement (for students who matriculated on March 1, 2012 or later)
You have four options to satisfy the WGU Program Requirement. You may pass any of these four exams:
1. Praxis 5001, Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects
2. Praxis 5018, Elementary Education: Content Knowledge
3. Praxis 5014, Elementary Education: Content Knowledge
4. Praxis 5031, Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects
Visit these links for more important information:
Article Number : 19640, 2230