Kentucky BA Special Education/Elementary Education Certification and Exam Requirements - Reciprocity Pathway
The Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB) requires graduates from an out-of-state institution, like WGU, to obtain a license in the home-state of the program (Utah) prior to applying for a license in Kentucky.
In Kentucky, this program leads to a license in Elementary Education Primary through Grade 5 and Exceptional Children: Learning and Behavior Disorders Primary through Grade 12
1) Elementary Education Content Exam for Utah and Kentucky Certification: Praxis 5001, Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects
You must pass this exam to graduate from your program and be recommended for certification.
2) Special Education Content Exam for Utah and Kentucky Certification: Praxis 5543 Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications
You must pass this exam to graduate from your program and be recommended for certification. This exam also satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
3) Pedagogy Exam for Kentucky Certification: Praxis 5622, Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K-6
This exam is not required for graduation, but is required to receive a license recommendation from WGU.
Visit these links for important information:
Previous Content Exam Requirements: All Praxis exams must be less than five years old at the time you apply for Kentucky licensure.
Previous Elementary Education Content Exam for Utah and Kentucky Certification:
1) Praxis 5031 Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects
If at least one sub-test was passed on or before 8/31/2014 with all four sub-tests passed on or before 8/1/2015.
2) Praxis 5014 Elementary Education: Content Knowledge
If passed on or before August 31, 2012 and you apply for your Kentucky license prior to August 31, 2017.
Article Number : 19651, 2059