Louisiana Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
In Louisiana, completion of WGU's Master of Science in Educational Leadership program leads to an Educational Leader Level 1 letter of eligibility
Louisiana has the following requirements for applicants for an Educational Leader Level 1 letter of eligibility:
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENT: Regionally accredited Master's degree
2. LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: Hold or be eligible to hold a valid Louisiana Type B or Level 2 teaching certificate or have a comparable level out-of-state teaching certificate.
3. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Have three years of teaching experience in the area of teacher certification for which the applicant holds a Type B or Level 2 teaching certificate.
4. PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Completion of a competency-based graduate degree preparation program in the area of educational leadership from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
1. Louisiana Content Exam: SLS 6990: School Leaders License Assessment.
If taken prior to 8/31/2019: SLS 6011: School Leaders License Assessment
You must pass one of these exams, within the applicable timeframe, to graduate from your program.
2. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Louisiana. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
Visit these links for important information:
Article Number : 19687, 1838