Missouri Educational Leadership Certification Requirements – Reciprocity Pathway
Note: Students in Missouri are required to obtain a Colorado School Principal license prior to applying for certification in Missouri.
License and Exam Requirements:
Educational Leadership Certification Available: Principal K-8 or 7-12
Missouri has the requirements below for applicants for a principal certificate.
1. Degree: A Bachelor's degree from a state-approved teacher preparation program and a Master's degree in educational leadership that is state-approved in the home-state of the program to lead to administrator certification. Since Missouri requires completion of a Master's level educational leadership degree, educators wishing to become administrators in Missouri should not enroll in the Endorsement Preparation Program for Education Leadership (ENDEDL).
2. Certificate: A permanent or professional Missouri teaching certificate, or eligibility for such through completion of an approved program, recommendation for certification, and passing scores on the required Praxis exams.
3. Experience: A minimum of two (2) years successful teaching experience.
4. Recommendation: Recommendation for certification from the preparation program completed.
5. Exceptional Child Course: Completion of a course in Psychology and Education of the Exceptional Child
6. Practicum Requirement: Students must complete MPEA School Leaders Performance Assessment and a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
7. Exam Requirements: Pass the following exams:
1. Colorado Certification Exam: Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision.
Note: This exam will also meet the WGU Program Requirement if taken prior to 8/31/2019. Beginning 9/1/2019, all students must pass the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision to satisfy the WGU Program Requirement.
Article Number: 19811, 1843