Mississippi Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
In Mississippi, this program leads to a certification as an Administrator.
Mississippi has the following requirements for applicants for a five-year administrator license:
1. LICENSE: Possession of a five-year MS educator license and verification of three years teaching experience.
2. EXPERIENCE: Verification of three years experience.
3. DEGREE: Completion of a Master's degree program or higher degree program in educational leadership that is offered by a regionally/ nationally accredited college or university and is state-approved in the home-state of the program to lead to administrator certification.
4. RECOMMENDATION: Recommendation for certification from the preparation program completed.
5. EXAM REQUIREMENTS: Pass the following two exams:
MS Required Exam: SLLS 6990: School Leaders License Assessment.
If passed prior to August 31. 2018, SLS 6011: School Leaders License Assessment. Applicants who passed the SLS 6011 prior to 8/31/2018 must apply by 8/31/2020 to use the SLS 6011 for certification.
WGU Program Requirement: Beginning September 1, 2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Mississippi. If passed prior to August 31, 2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
6. PRACTICUM REQUIREMENT: WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
For more information on Mississippi administrator licensure requirements, please review the Administrator Requirements for the MS Department of Education.
Visit these links for more important information:
General Information About Licensing in Mississippi
Article Number : 19794, 1842