MT Adding an Endorsement to a Teaching Certificate

Adding an Endorsement to a Montana Teaching Certificate


The information in this article applies to students enrolled in specific WGU endorsement programs. Montana educators holding a current Montana teaching certificate may apply for additional teaching endorsements after completing a NCATE or state-approved teacher preparation program that provides at least 20 semester credits in the new endorsement area. Click here for a list of available endorsements.



WGU Program


How to Add an Additional Endorsement


All Endorsement Programs



Montana Educators who wish to add another license area may do so by graduating from WGU’s endorsement programs. Montana will grant additional teaching areas on the basis of graduating from an NCATE accredited program that provides at least 20 semester credits in the new endorsement area.

Note: The requirements to add an endorsement in Montana are the same, whether you are adding an endorsement at a new grade level (Elementary to Secondary) or the same grade level (Secondary to Secondary).


Those who have completed a WGU endorsement preparation program may apply for Montana teacher certification in that endorsement area by following the application instructions in the Montana Certification Application Information article in this handbook.  The Certification Officer cannot recommend you for an endorsement until you have graduated and WGU has copies of all required state content exam scores.




Article Number : 19819, 1566

Version history
Revision #:
7 of 7
Last update:
‎12-05-2018 04:11 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)