Missouri Certification Requirements and Available Licenses for the Approved Pathway
For available licenses via the reciprocity pathway, please click here.
|LICENSES AVAILABLE THROUGH WGU|
|Elementary Education, 1-6|
|Special Education Mild/Moderate Cross-Categorical Disabilities, Grades K-12|
|Middle School Mathematics, 5-9|
|Middle School Science, 5-9|
Missouri has the following general requirements for applicants for initial teacher certification via the approved licensure pathway:
1. PROGRAM COMPLETION: A bachelor’s degree or higher from a college or university with a teacher education program approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
2. GPA REQUIREMENT: Applicants who complete Missouri-approved programs must have a comprehensive GPA of 2.75 at the time of certification. The comprehensive GPA is calculated across all coursework taken at all institutions attended, not just teacher preparation and content coursework.
3. RECOMMENDATION: A recommendation for certification from the designated official for teacher education at the college or university where the program was completed.
4. BACKGROUND CLEARANCE: Background clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
5. ASSESSMENTS: Obtain a passing score on the appropriate Missouri assessment(s).
6. TRANSCRIPTS: Official transcripts documenting completion of an approved teacher education preparation program. WGU will send transcripts directly to DESE on your behalf.