Missouri Certification Requirements and Available Licenses for the Direct & Approved Pathway
For available licenses via the reciprocity pathway, please click here.
|LICENSES AVAILABLE THROUGH WGU|
|Elementary Education, 1-6|
|Special Education Mild/Moderate Cross-Categorical Disabilities, Grades K-12|
|Middle School Mathematics, 5-9|
|Middle School Science, 5-9|
Missouri has the following general requirements for applicants for initial teacher certification via the direct & approved licensure pathway:
1. PROGRAM COMPLETION: A bachelor’s degree or higher from a college or university with a teacher education program approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
2. GPA REQUIREMENT: The applicant must possess an overall GPA of 2.75 and a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher in both content area and professional education coursework.
3. RECOMMENDATION: A recommendation for certification from the designated official for teacher education at the college or university where the program was completed.
4. BACKGROUND CLEARANCE: Background clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
5. ASSESSMENTS: Obtain a passing score on the appropriate Missouri assessment(s).
6. TRANSCRIPTS: Official transcripts documenting completion of an approved teacher education preparation program. WGU will send transcripts directly to DESE on your behalf.