Nebraska Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
In Nebraska, completion of a WGU Educational Leadership program leads to a Principal endorsement.
Nebraska has the following requirements for applicants for Principal certification:
1. PROGRAM REQUIREMENT: Thirty-six to fourty-five graduate semester hours of credit must be completed as part of an educational leadership program approved to lead to administrator certification in the home-state of the program. Thirty-six graduate semester hours are required if the principal endorsement sought is at the same level as the teaching endorsement held. Those seeking a principal endorsement at a level different from their teaching endorsement must complete a minimum of nine additional credit hours. The focus of the additional nine credit hours must be specific to the new level.
2. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Two full school years of teaching experience in approved, accredited elementary, middle, and/or secondary schools.
3. PRACTICUM REQUIREMENT: Completion of internship/field experiences at the appropriate level in approved/ accredited elementary, middle, or secondary schools. WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
4. NEBRASKA EXAM REQUIREMENT: Beginning 9/1/2018 Nebraska will accept either the Praxis 5411, Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision or the Praxis 5412 Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision exam. Nebraska will accept the Praxis 5411, Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision if taken prior to 8/31/2018.
Note: Beginning 9/1/2019, the Praxis 5412 will be required.
5. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Nebraska. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
Please read the Nebraska Application Manual page 10 for instructions to apply for your first Nebraska administrative certificate.
Visit these links for important information:
Article Number : 19842, 1855