NH Adding an Endorsement to a Teaching Certificate

Adding an Endorsement to a New Hampshire Teaching Certificate

Note:  While we do our best to give you accurate and up to date information about your state requirements, we are not infallible.  State requirements change frequently.  It is your responsibility, and in your best interest, to double check certification and licensure requirements with your state’s Department of Education.

WGU Program


How to Add an Additional Endorsement


All Endorsement Programs


Educators holding current New Hampshire teaching certificates can apply for certification in additional teaching areas by completing a state-approved teacher preparation program and content exam(s) in the new teaching area or through demonstration of competency via a portfolio review, oral exam, and evaluation of experience. For more information on certification pathways, see the New Hampshire Department of Education website.

Note: The requirements to add an endorsement in New Hampshire are the same, whether you are adding an endorsement at a new grade level (Elementary to Secondary) or the same grade level (Secondary to Secondary).



Graduates of WGU endorsement preparation programs can apply for New Hampshire certification in that endorsement area by following these steps:

Step 1:  Request official transcripts in sealed envelopes from every college you have attended. Once your graduation application has been processed by the WGU Records Office you will receive a notification with information on how to order two complimentary copies of your official WGU transcript from the National Student Clearinghouse. You will have the option of selecting electronic or mail delivery. If you would like to order additional transcripts, see the WGU Transcript FAQ article. Do not request a transcript until you have received notice of graduation, so that your graduation date will appear on your transcript. MAT students may request a transcript after completing the teacher preparation portion of their MAT program. Be sure to leave transcripts you elect to have mailed to you in their sealed envelopes.

Step 2: Send an email to the WGU Certification Officer at licensure@wgu.edu requesting that a letter be sent to you on university letterhead verifying that you have completed your state-approved teacher preparation program at WGU.  Please confirm your mailing address in this email. 

Step 3: If the New Hampshire Department of Education is not listed as a recipient on your Praxis score report, you will need to contact ETS and request that they mail an official score report directly to NH DOE.  You may do this by calling 1-800-772-9476 or by submitting the Additional Score Report Request Form to ETS via fax or mail.  

Step 4: Download the application form and fill it out completely. On the final page, indicate that you are applying via "Alternative 2."  You may also apply online.  For instructions, see the Teacher Certification brochure.

Step 5: Compile all application documents:

1. Completed application form (unless applying online),
2. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended,
3. Verification of program completion letter,
4. Check for $20 application fee per endorsement requested, made payable to the State of New Hampshire (unless you paid via the online application)

Step 6: Mail completed application packet to 

State of New Hampshire - Department of Education
Division of Program Support
Bureau of Credentialing
101 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301-3860



Article Number : 19870, 1569

Version history
Revision #:
6 of 6
Last update:
‎05-07-2019 03:29 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)