NH Educational Leadership Requirements

New Hampshire Educational Leadership Certification Requirements


Educational Leadership Certifications Available
: Principal

New Hampshire has the following requirements for applicants for certification as school principals:

1. EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of successful experience as an educator.

2. PROGRAM: Completion of a master's program in educational leadership and recommendation for certification by the designated official of the program. Students should only enroll in the Master of Science in Educational Leadership (MSEDL) program, and not the Endorsement Preparation program (ENDEDL).

3. WGU PROGRAM REQUIREMENT: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in New Hampshire. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.

For further details on New Hampshire administrator certification requirements, please see New Hampshire Certification Standards for Educational Personnel, section 506.04. 




Before registering for the Praxis 5411 exam, be sure to review WGU's general policies regarding external certification exams. Praxis exam registration is available through the ETS website at www.ets.org/praxis. The ETS website will provide you with the test dates available. NH students must pass the required cut score as established by WGU's home-state of Utah. The minimum required score for Utah can be found by reviewing the UT Praxis Exam Requirements.


To ensure that WGU receives ALL of your exam scores and can verify your eligibility for licensure, you must fax a copy of your official score report to the Assessments Office at 1-801-906-5108 or email a scanned copy to scores@wgu.edu.  All required exam scores must be on file with WGU at your time of graduation so that the Certification Officer can recommend you for certification.


WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.


Information on applying for certification as a Principal in New Hampshire can be found in the New Hampshire Teacher and Administrator Certification Application Information article in this handbook.  You will apply through alternative #2. 




Article Number : 19878, 1850

Version history
Revision #:
8 of 8
Last update:
‎09-23-2019 12:41 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)