New Mexico Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
LICENSE AND EXAM REQUIREMENTS
Educational Leadership Certification Available: Education Administration, Pk-12
New Mexico has the following requirements for applicants for Education Administration certification:
1) DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's and Master's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
2) PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 18 semester hours of graduate credit in an Educational Administration program.
3) PRACTICUM REQUIREMENT: WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
4) CURRENT TEACHING LICENSE AND EXPERIENCE: Hold a Level 2 or 3A NM teaching license with at least one year teaching experience on that license.
5) EXAM REQUIREMENT: Pass the following two exams:
1. NM Required Exam: NMTA Educational Administrator (NM035) exam
2. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in New Mexico. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
For further details on New Mexico administrator certification requirements, please see http://www.ped.state.nm.us/licensure/2010/dl10/chklstEducationalAdministrationPreK-12.pdf.
Visit these links for more important information:
Article Number : 19924, 1852