NV Administrator Certification Application Information and Instructions-Direct Pathway

Nevada Administrator Certification Application Information and Instructions-Direct Pathway

To be eligible for recommendation by the Certification Office, students must graduate and have their degree posted to their WGU transcript. 

Initial Out-of-State License Required for Students Who Matriculated 10/1/2015 or Later and enrolled in the practicum prior to 5/1/2017:  You will need to license initially in Washington state. Contact licensure@wgu.edu for more information. 

Educators holding valid elementary, middle school/ junior high, secondary or special Nevada teaching licenses can apply to add a school building administrator endorsement to their licenses after meeting the coursework requirements through a program like WGU's Masters in Educational Leadership. Application for this endorsement can be made by following these steps:

Step 1: Request official electronic transcripts from every college where you completed coursework applicable to the endorsement sought. Once your graduation application has been processed by the WGU Records Office you will receive a notification with information on how to order two complimentary copies of your official WGU transcript from the National Student Clearinghouse. You will have the option of selecting electronic or mail delivery. In Nevada, an electronic transcript must be emailed to transcripts@doe.nv.gov directly from the issuing organization.  If you would like to order additional transcripts, see the WGU Transcript FAQ article. Do not request a transcript until you have received notice of graduation, so that your graduation date will appear on your transcript. 

Step 2: Submit your registration through the OPAL Online Licensing System.

Step 3: Write to licensure@wgu.edu to request that a letter of recommendation for licensure be sent to you for inclusion in your application materials. 

Step 4: Download the Verification of Teaching Experience form. Complete the top portion an submit it to the proper official at your current employing school district to verify that you have three years of certificated, full-time  teaching experience. If necessary, submit additional forms to previous employers in order to verify the necessary experience. The school district will mail the form directly to the Nevada Department of Education.

Step 5: Compile your application documents: transcript(s), completed application through the OPAL system, field experience letter, and fee of $50 per endorsement area submitted online in the form of Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.

Step 6: Submit your completed electronic application.



Article Number: 19866, 1622