Nevada has the following general requirements for all applicants for initial teacher certification:
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS:Graduation from a Bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university.
2. PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:Completion of a teacher preparation program offered by an accredited institution.
3. BACKGROUND CLEARANCE:Background clearance resulting from completion of the requiredbackground check.
4. PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT:You must complete this course at one of the Nevada approved institutions.Click herefor a list of approved courses. If you do not complete this prior to applying for your initial license, you will receive your initial license with this provision.
5. BASIC SKILLS EXAM: Passing scores on the Nevada Basic Skills Exam. The scores must have been obtained within five years prior to the date that you apply for licensure.