LICENSES AVAILABLE THROUGH WGU
Exceptional Pupils Generalist Resource Room, K-12
Middle School/Junior High Mathematics, Grades 7-9
English Language Acquisition and Development (ELAD)
Administrator of a School
Nevada has the following general requirements for all applicants for initial teacher certification:
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from a Bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university.
2. PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Completion of a teacher preparation program offered by an accredited institution.
3. BACKGROUND CLEARANCE: Background clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
4. PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT: You must complete this course at one of the Nevada approved institutions. Click here for a list of approved courses. If you do not complete this prior to applying for your initial license, you will receive your initial license with this provision.
5. BASIC SKILLS EXAM: Passing scores on the Nevada Basic Skills Exam. The scores must have been obtained within five years prior to the date that you apply for licensure.
6. CONTENT AND PEDAGOGY EXAMS: Passing scores on all of the required Praxis content and pedagogy exams. The scores must have been obtained within five years prior to the date that you apply for licensure.
7. MAJOR OR MINOR REQUIREMENTS: Secondary education candidates must have a major or minor in the area of specialization requested on their license.
For additional information on these requirements, please see the Nevada Department of Education website.
Article Number: 19864, 1798