Nevada Certification Requirements and Available Licenses-Reciprocity Pathway
LICENSES AVAILABLE THROUGH WGU
Early Childhood, Birth through Second Grade
Exceptional Pupils Generalist Resource Room, K-12
Middle School/Junior High Mathematics, Grades 7-9
Secondary Social Studies, Grades 7-12
Secondary English, Grades 7-12
Nevada has the following general requirements for all applicants for initial teacher certification:
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS:Graduation from a Bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university.
2. PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:Completion of a teacher preparation program offered by an accredited institution.
3. BACKGROUND CLEARANCE:Background clearance resulting from completion of the requiredbackground check.
4. PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT:You must complete this course at one of the Nevada approved institutions.Click herefor a list of approved courses. If you do not complete this prior to applying for your initial license, you will receive your initial license with this provision.
7. MAJOR OR MINOR REQUIREMENTS:Secondary education candidates must have amajor or minorin the area of specialization requested on their license.
8. RECIPROCITY:For students who enroll 10/1/2015 or later in Early Childhood, Middle Grades, Social Studies and English will obtain licensure in one of WGU's home states first and then in Nevada. You will need to obtain a Utah background clearance for licensure. See the individual program article for more details. WGU'sTeacher of Record Policyapplies to these teacher candidates.