Nevada Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
In Nevada, this program leads to an endorsement in Administrator of a School
Students Enrolling in the Practicum on or after 5/1/2017: Educational Leadership students enrolling in the practicum on or after 5/1/2017 are able to license directly in Nevada. Students who enrolled in the practicum prior to 5/1/2017 will need to license in Washington state initially. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Nevada has the following requirements for applicants for certification as professional school administrators:
1. DEGREE: A Master's degree.
2. LICENSE: A valid license to teach in elementary, middle, junior high, secondary or special schools, excluding a business and industry endorsement.
3. EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of teaching experience in Early Childhood or Grades K-12.
4. WGU PROGRAM REQUIREMENT: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Nevada. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
* You currently must take the Praxis 5412 exam for your WGU program requirement. Beginning September 1, 2019, this exam will also be required by Nevada as a licensure requirement.
5. PRACTICUM REQUIREMENT:
WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
For further details on Nevada administrator certification requirements, please see the Nevada "General Provisions Governing Licensure," section 391.170 available at http://leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-391.html#NAC391Sec170 and http://www.doe.nv.gov/Educator_Licensure/Apply/Administrator_of_a_Program/.
Visit these links for important information: