OK Adding a New Teaching Area or Administrator to a Certificate

Adding a New Teaching Area or Administrator to an Oklahoma Certificate

The information in this article applies to students enrolled in specific WGU endorsement programs. For additional information on adding areas that are not offered at WGU, see the policy for adding additional areas on the Oklahoma Department of Education website. 



WGU Program

How to Add an Additional Endorsement 

MA Mathematics Education (MAME)


MA Science Education (MASE)


English Language Learning (ENDELL, MAELL)

Oklahoma educators may apply to add additional teaching areas to their Oklahoma teaching certificate after passing the appropriate CEOE subject area exam(s). To apply for an added subject area to an Oklahoma teaching certificate, download and complete the application form or log-on to the Oklahoma Educator Credentialing System and apply to add the test you passed. 

Note: The requirements to add a secondary subject area in Oklahoma are the same, whether you are adding a subject area at a new grade level (Elementary to Secondary) or the same grade level (Secondary to Secondary).

MS Special Education (MSSP)




Educational Leadership (ENDEDL, MSEDL)

Neither the Special Education endorsement nor Administrator (Principal) certificate can be issued by testing alone.  Applicants must complete a full university program in the appropriate subject area.


Graduates of the Masters in Special Education or Educational Leadership program need to compile the following documents for their application:

1. Completed online application form.


2. Score Report showing your passing score on the competency exam. Be sure you have the score sent to Oklahoma or that you provide a passing score report to them with your application packet.

3. Obtain your official WGU transcript to submit with the application (see WGU Transcript Request) or submit one of the transcripts that was sent to you along with your WGU diploma. If you completed the ENDEDL program, you must have transcripts for your Master's program sent with your application. Send the application form, test scores, and transcript along with the application fee in the form of a check, cashier's check, or money order made payable to the Oklahoma State Department of Education to:


     Oklahoma State Department of Education
     Teacher Certification Section
     Room 212

     2500 North Lincoln Boulevard
     Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105-4599


4. Download the "Verification of State-Approved Teacher Education Program from Non-Oklahoma College/ University" form and fill in the top portion of the form with your personal information. Send the partially completed form to the WGU Certification Officer at the contact information below, who will fill out the remainder of the form and submit it directly to the Oklahoma State Department of Education on your behalf. Fax and email submissions are preferred; email attachments should be in PDF format. 


     Fax: 801-401-7961


Article Number : 20037, 1576

Version history
Revision #:
12 of 12
Last update:
‎12-10-2018 09:22 AM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Tags (1)