Oklahoma Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
LICENSE AND EXAM REQUIREMENTS
Educational Leadership Certification Available: One of the following -
Oklahoma has the following requirements for applicants for a school building leader administrative certificate:
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: A master’s degree.
2. PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Completion of a school principal preparation program that is approved to lead to school administrator certification in the home state of the program.
3. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Two years of teaching experience in an Oklahoma public or private school accredited by the Oklahoma State Board of Education.
4. PRACTICUM REQUIREMENT: WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
5. EXAM REQUIREMENTS: Pass the following two exams:
1. OK Required Exams: One of the following according to the area of certification sought: Elementary Principal Comprehensive Assessment (045), Middle Level Principal Comprehensive Assessment (046), Secondary Principal Comprehensive Assessment (047).
Note: If your Specialty Test was taken before 7/11/2015, you must also have passed the Principal Common Core (044).
2. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Oklahoma. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
Please see the WGU Praxis Program / Graduation Requirements for more information.
For further details on Oklahoma administrator licensure requirements, please see the Oklahoma State Department of Education website.
Visit these links for important information:
Article Number : 20032, 1861