OR Adding an Endorsement to a Teaching Certificate

Oregon Adding an Endorsement to an Oregon Teaching License

The information in this article applies to students enrolled in specific WGU endorsement programs. For additional information on adding areas that are not offered at WGU, see the Oregon TSPC Rules on Certification.



WGU Program

How to Add an Additional Endorsement

MA Mathematics Education (MAME)

MA Science Education (MASE)

A) Adding an Endorsement at the Same Grade Level (Secondary > Secondary)

Secondary Oregon teachers may add additional endorsements at the secondary level by passing the required content exam in the new subject area and completing an appropriate field experience in the new area, such as the Teacher Work Sample completed in WGU’s endorsement programs.

B) Adding an Endorsement at a New Grade Level (Elementary > Secondary)

Oregon teachers that do not hold a secondary license but hold a license at any other grade level must graduate from a state-approved program, such as the MAME and MASE programs from WGU, in order to add the new grade level and content area to their existing license. They must also pass the appropriate content exam in the new area.

MS Special Education (MSSP)

English Language Learning (ENDELL, MAELL)

Oregon educators may add endorsements in Special Education or English to Speakers of Other Languages by completing a state-approved program, such as the endorsement programs at WGU.



Step 1: Request official transcripts from every college where you completed coursework applicable to the endorsement sought. Two copies of your final WGU transcript will be sent to you along with your diploma upon graduation. Refer to the TSPC FAQ section for the transcript address, should you choose to mail one of the transcripts you received. Please be sure to leave your transcripts in the sealed envelope. If you would like to order official electronic transcripts, see WGU Transcript Request. You can request official transcripts be emailed to the TSPC at tspc.transcripts@oregon.gov.

Step 2: Download the Program Completion Report (Form C-2), fill out the top portion with your personal information, and fax or email the form to the Teacher Licensure Office for completion. The Certification Officer will send the completed form directly to the TSPC. The Certification Officer cannot recommend you for a special education or ESOL endorsement until you have graduated and WGU has copies of all required state pedagogy and content exam scores.

Fax: 801-401-7961

E-mail: licensure@wgu.edu

Step 3: Log-In to your eLicensing portal and verify the information on your dashboard is correct (this replaces the old C-1 form). Click on "Applications" and complete the process to request adding the endorsement to your existing license.

Step 4: Pay the licensing fee online with a credit or debit card. You will receive a confirmation email as documents arrive and are scanned into your account.








Article Number : 20040, 1577

Version history
Revision #:
9 of 9
Last update:
‎01-30-2018 07:35 AM
Updated by:
Labels (1)