Rhode Island Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
In Rhode Island, completion of a WGU Educational Leadership program leads to a Building Level Administrator PK-12 certificate.
Rhode Island has the following requirements for applicants for a Building Level Administrator PK-12 certificate.
1. DEGREE: A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. PROGRAM: Graduation from an approved program for the preparation of Building Level Administrator as outlined in the Building Level Administrator Requirements.
3. PRACTICUM: WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
3. EXPERIENCE: Three years of PK-12 professional education experience
4. RHODE ISLAND REQUIRED EXAM: Praxis 6990: School Leaders Licensure Assessment.
If passed on or before 8/31/2019, the Praxis 6011, School Leaders Licensure Assessment will be accepted.
5. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Rhode Island. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
For further details on Rhode Island administrator licensure requirements, please see the Regulations Governing the Certification of Educators in Rhode Island
Visit these links for important information:
Article Number : 20115, 1864