SD Administrator Certification Application Information and Instructions

The Certification Officer cannot complete your recommendation until you graduate from your Masters in Educational Leadership program.

Step 1: Obtain an official copy of your final WGU transcript. Two copies of your final WGU transcript will be sent to you along with your diploma upon graduation. If you would like to order additional transcripts, see the Transcript Request, Official WGU article. Do not request a transcript until you have received notice of graduation, so that your graduation date will appear on your transcript. Be sure to leave your transcripts in the sealed envelope to be included with your application packet.

Step 2: Follow the online application instructions listed on the SD DoE website. Under "Options Based on Existing Certificate", select "Request a Change" and then select "Request a change based on existing certificate." Follow all instructions to complete your application. For the University Sign-Off form, fill out the top portion and send it to the Licensure Office. The Licensure Office will complete the form and email it directly to the SD DoE. Send the partially-completed form to:


Email (preferred): 

Fax: 801-401-7961


Article Number : 20147, 1650

Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
‎09-14-2017 08:49 AM
Updated by:
Labels (1)