Utah Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
In Utah, WGU's Educational Leadership program leads to the following endorsement: School Administrator.
Utah has the following requirements for administrative licensure applicants:
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: A master's degree or more advanced degree.
2. PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Completion of an educational administration preparation program that is regionally or NCATE accredited, and a recommendation for licensure by that program.
3. PRACTICUM REQUIREMENT: WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
4. LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must hold a Level 2 Utah teaching license, verified at the time they are admitted to their WGU program. Please see the Utah Administrative Rules for additional information on licensing requirements.
5. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: At least three years of acceptable full-time professional experience in an education-related area in a public or accredited private or parochial school.
7. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Utah. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
8. UTAH EXAM REQUIREMENTS: Utah will accept the Praxis 5411 or SLS 6011 exam for licensure as long as either exam was passed by 8/31/2018. However, if you did not pass the Praxis 5411 or SLS 6011 exam by 8/31/2018, then you must pass either the Praxis 5412: Education Leadership and Supervision or SLS 6990 School Leaders Licensure Assessment exam for licensure in Utah.
For further details on Utah administrative licensure requirements, please see the Utah Administrative Rules.
Visit these links for more important information:
Article Number : 20208, 1870