In Virginia, completion of a WGU Educational Leadership program leads to a Level 1 Administration and Supervision Pk-12 Endorsement.
Virginia has the following requirements for applicants for a Level 1 Administration and Supervision Pk-12 Endorsement:
1. DEGREE: A master's degree from a regionally accredited university.
2. EXPERIENCE: At least three years of successful, full-time experience in a public school or accredited nonpublic school in an instructional personnel position that requires licensure in Virginia.
3. PROGRAM: Completion of a state-approved administrator preparation program at a regionally accredited university.
4. PRACTICUM REQUIREMENT: WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
5. EXAM REQUIREMENTS: Pass the following two exams:
You must pass this exam to graduate from your program.
Note: Applicants for licensure who apply after January 1, 2020 must pass the SLLA (6990) School Leaders Licensure Assessment. After January 1, 2020, the SLS 6011: School Leaders Licensure Assessment will no longer be accepted for licensure.
b) WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in Virginia. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
Visit these links for important information:
Article Number : 20269, 1872