West Virginia Background Clearance Information
All background checks submitted to the WGU certification office must be less than two years old to meet WGU requirements. Previously submitted background checks that will be over two years old by the end date of your Demonstration Teaching (DT) will need to be renewed by the background clearance deadline set for your cohort.
PCE FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
The WVDE requires a background check completed through IdentoGo (formerly L1 Enrollment Services). All students must complete this WVDE-specific check; no other background checks will be accepted. Since the WVDE will not share results of the background check with WGU you will need to complete two checks: One for your Personal Records, and one for Education.
Go to https://uenroll.identogo.com/ and follow these steps:
1. Look beneath the field asking for a code.
2. Click "Schedule/Manage A New Appointment"
3. Follow the prompts to input your personal information
4. Indicate which type of documentation you will be bringing to your appointment from the dropdown menu
5. Type in your ZIP code or other location indicator to find a center near you
6. Select a time and date for your appointment
7. Hit "next"
8. You will be brought to a screen that confirms your pre-enrollment, as well as receive a confirmation email. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and confirm your appointment, as well as read the email you just received.
When you have your fingerprints taken, the agency will provide you with a Transaction Number (TCN). It is imperative that you keep this number for future reference.
Upload your background check results in your student Field Experience Page under PCE Background Clearance
DT CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Students completing Demonstration Teaching in West Virginia must obtain a Clinical Experience Permit to be cleared for DT. To be eligible for the Clinical Experience Permit students must:
Your Field Placement Coordinator will provide you with the necessary forms to apply for a Clinical Experience Permit. They will help you submit forms 23, 24, and 7 to the WV Board of Education. For more information see the West Virginia Department of Education's pertinent page.
You will not be cleared for DT until the WVDE has issued your Clinical Experience Permit.
WGU CLEARANCE SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Upload your background check results in your student Field Experience portal under PCE Background Clearance.
Background questions please contact WGU Background Specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-889-0132 option 5.
Article Number: 20302, 1447