West Virginia Educational Leadership Certification Requirements
In West Virginia, this program leads to a certificate in Principal, Pk-Adult
West Virginia has the following requirements for applicants of an initial endorsement as a Principal, pk-adult:
1. DEGREE: A Master’s degree from a regionally or state accredited university.
2. PROGRAM: Completion of a state-approved administrator preparation program at a regionally or state accredited university and recommendation for certification by that program.
3. EXPERIENCE: Three years of management-level experience.
4. GPA: A 3.0 GPA in all Master's degree coursework. Students at WGU earn the equivalent of a 3.0 GPA.
5. SUPPLEMENTAL REQUIREMENT:Completion of the West Virginia Evaluation Leadership Institute.
6. CONTENT EXAM: Praxis 5412 Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision.
If taken prior to 8/31/2018, Praxis 5411, Educational Leadership: Administrative and Supervision exam will be accepted.
7. WGU Program Requirement: Beginning 9/1/2018, the WGU program requirement is the Praxis 5412: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision for students in West Virginia. If passed prior to 8/31/2018, the Praxis 5411: Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision satisfies the WGU Program Requirement.
For further details on West Virginia administrator certification requirements, please see the requirements for administrator certification in the WV Board of Education Policy 5202 found on the WV Teacher Certification web site.
WGU requires Educational Leadership candidates to complete a practicum in accordance with the hour requirements listed here.
Visit these links for important information:
Article Number : 20306, 1874